DRAFTING AND DESIGN
We understand how important it is to have functionality in a house without compromising individuality. Let us help you draft your forever home!
The Process Explained
- This information gathering phase will be the foundation of the design process. Pre-design includes homeowner needs, lot information, and future use of the home.
- This is the time to think about the sizes, functionality, and arrangement of spaces. Researching floor plans online can assist homeowners in visualizing spaces easier.
2) Schematic Design
- The floor plans and general shape of the project start to take form as meetings and feedback from clients occur. Owners make a majority of changes to the home since design is most fluid at this stage.
- Hand sketches, inspiration boards, and using other projects as examples can all help to formulate the relationship of spaces to one another.
3) Design Development
- The priority of this phase is to define all of the vital elements and develop important aspects of the project into a complete set of drawings.
- This is the stage to finalize interior and exterior materials, adjust window and door locations, and make final adjustments to the building shape. Communication with subcontractors begins.
4) Construction Documents
- A thoroughly noted, detailed, and dimensioned plan is created outlining the specifications and unique details of the project. These plans are considered final and used for construction.
- This phase often takes the most time as it is necessary to have accurate and detailed plans with information such as the finishes, fixture locations, and appliances needed.
How Can We Help?
Pre-Drawn Floor Plans
Ask us about our previously drawn floor plans to help get you inspired!
Check out this glimpse into some of the technology we use to draft plans and work through the design process.
Get In Touch
Andy Pettow Construction
98 7th Ave. NE
Perham, MN 56573
Office: (218) 346-2679
Fax: (218) 346-3698