DRAFTING AND DESIGN
We understand how important it is to have functionality in a house without compromising individuality. Let us help you draft your forever house!
The Process Explained
- Information gathering phase that will be the foundation of the design process – what the homeowner needs, lot information, all the way to thinking about the future use of the home.
- Time to think about the sizes, functionality, and arrangement of spaces. Researching floor plans online can assist homeowners in visualizing spaces easier.
2) Schematic Design
- The floor plans and general shape of the project start to take form. Meetings and feedback from clients occur. This is when owners make the most changes since the design is most fluid at this stage.
- Hand sketches, inspiration boards, and using other projects as examples can all help to formulate the relationship of spaces to one another.
3) Design Development
- The priority of this phase is to define all of the vital elements and develop important aspects of the project into a complete set of drawings.
- The time to finalize interior and exterior materials, adjust window and door locations, and make final adjustments to the building shape. Communication with subcontractors begins.
4) Construction Documents
- A thoroughly noted, detailed, and dimensioned plan is created outlining the specifications and important unique details of the project. These plans are considered final and used for construction.
- This phase often takes the most time as it is critical to have the plans accurate and detailed with the information such as the finishes, fixture locations, and appliances needed.
How Can We Help?
Pre-Drawn Floor Plans
Check out this glimpse into some of the technology we use to draft plans and work through the design process
Get In Touch
Andy Pettow Construction
98 7th Ave. NE
Perham, MN 56573
Office: (218) 346-2679
Fax: (218) 346-3698